Hosting a Function
A function is hosted by a member organisation and is an opportunity to promote yourself, your product/services, and to network with fellow members and non members and selected guests.
Through our membership database the Hutt Valley Chamber of Commerce has the ability to target specific sector groups. This form of networking event often suits companies looking to focus on a specific sector group to inform them of their product/services
Organisations targeted may include
- Potential customers within industry sector
- Potential customers by size of business (based on number of employees)
- Potential customers by selecting staff responsible for certain areas e.g. international trade, training, finance
- Potential customers by international trade status e.g. exporters/importers to particular countries
The Hutt Valley Chamber of Commerce will
- Work with the host to find a suitable venue to host the event or hold at the Hutt Valley Chamber of Commerce (subject to availability)
- Email and distribute the event flyer you supply to all relevant members/non members of the Hutt Valley Chamber of Commerce individually then add into the weekly summaries up to six times
- Promote the event via website listing
- Liaise with the host in the lead up to the event regarding attendees to date
- Provide guidelines for the host with regards to presentation, catering and timings
- Provide the host with a list of attendees for the event
- Send a reminder to all attendees
- Provide each guest with a personalised name badge
- Advise the host of appropriate signage and advertising material at the event
- Manage registrations the day
The host will
Cover the cost of all things associated with the event including (and not limited to) venue hire catering and beverage costs, and audio visual equipment hire. In addition to this, there is a $500 + GST administration charge from the Hutt Valley Chamber of Commerce.
The function lasts on average two hours for an evening networking event. Guests receive a presentation from the host around 30 minutes after arrival including product information and samples. Typically there is a business card draw, with a prize offered by the host. The purpose of the business card draw is to make the event attractive to members and to provide the host with accurate records of those who attended the event so that the host may follow up with the attendees.
This is a great way to promote your business direct to members and other prospects, or to attend as a guest to learn about the host organisation’s business, enjoy their hospitality and network with other members.
Please note that while the Hutt Valley Chamber of Commerce will target specific sectors group within its membership database, there is no guarantee of uptake by members. Accordingly a fee of $250 + GST will apply where the Hutt Valley Chamber of Commerce has undertaken work to the point of marketing the event to the members and the event does not proceed.
Dates: February – November
Location: Lower Hutt, Upper Hutt or Wellington
Venue: To be confirmed
Cost: $500 + GST to host
Organisation: Hutt Valley Chamber of Commerce
Contact: Kimberley Wadsworth
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 04 939 9829
Contact Address: Level 3, 15 Daly Street, Lower Hutt