Join the most active Chamber in the region
THE VOICE OF THE BUSINESS COMMUNITY
As a Chamber, we are working very closely with all local and central government agencies to provide you with as much useful and practical support and information as possible.
Your Hutt Valley Chamber of Commerce is part of the Business Response Team established locally and nationally in response to COVID-19. Our role is to ensure your voice and needs are being met as we work together through the impacts of COVID-19.
Wellington at Alert Level 2 from 11:59pm, Tuesday, 7 September 2021
- BUSINESS TRAVEL REGISTER now open. If you are a business with staff needing to cross Alert Level boundaries, you can now apply for Business Travel Documents
- MANDATORY RECORDING OF VISITORS in effect from 11:59pm, Tuesday 7 September
- COVID-19 LEAVE SUPPORT SCHEME for businesses with staff requiring self-isolation
- SHORT-TERM ABSENCE PAYMENT
- RESURGENCE SUPPORT PAYMENT
- WAGE SUBSIDY SCHEME
- FINANCIAL SUPPORT TOOL – see what help you can get
- CONTACTS EXPLAINED: Close plus, close, casual plus and casual contacts
- HUTT VALLEY COVID-19 TESTING CENTRES by suburb
- Information on COVID-19 VACCINATIONS
Additional Business Support & Updates
- REMUTAKA HILL NIGHT CLOSURES from September 2021, for 10 months
- ACCREDITATION AND SINGLE WORK VISA – from 1 November 2021 employers must be accredited to hire migrants
- FLEXI-WAGE SUBSIDY for employers hiring people meeting certain criteria (an average of $7,500 per employee is available)
- APPRENTICESHIP FUNDING including Apprenticeship Boost, Mana in Mahi and Group Training Schemes
- SMALL BUSINESS LOAN SCHEME extended to 31 December 2023
- Small business loan scheme ELIGIBILITY TOOL
- New rules from 1 July on HOW ASSETS ARE VALUED
- Bill passed to DOUBLE SICK LEAVE TO 10 DAYS from mid July
- BUSINESS DEBT HIBERNATION
- Self-employment START-UP PAYMENT
- DISCOUNTED TAX RATES for your first year in business
- R&D FUNDING SUPPORT FOR BUSINESS
- New MATARIKI HOLIDAY FROM 24 JUNE 2022
- How to APPLY FOR A COVID-19 VACCINATION if you need to travel
- TRAVEL EXEMPTIONS ACROSS ALERT LEVEL BOUNDARIES
- CRITERIA TO TRAVEL TO NEW ZEALAND
- Information on travelling to New Zealand WITH A VISA
- MANAGED ISOLATION AVAILABILITY
- Everything you need to know about MIQ
- REGIONAL TRAVEL at the different alert levels
- TRAVEL ALERTS for New Zealanders
We are regularly talking with our partners and scheduling livestream broadcasts to help business navigate their way through the implications of the different alert levels.
As we conduct these updates, we’ll add them to our website. Take a look at past livestream broadcasts here.
Local Level Support for Hutt Valley Businesses
Upper Hutt City Council, Hutt City Council and the Hutt Valley Chamber of Commerce have formed the Hutt Valley Business Response Team. Together, we’ve built a Hutt Valley specific website and Facebook group containing business support resources, information, advice and a means to stay connected and respond to your questions.
We encourage you to visit this site regularly and join the Facebook group. Share tips, collaborate, connect, stay up to date and get assistance.
Latest Information from Ministry of Health
The Current New Zealand Situation
Extensive reference site where you can see the current number of cases, latest media releases, current travel restrictions, isolation procedures and many other resources.
Official Government Sources of Information for Business
Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment
The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is the Government’s primary business-facing agency. See current financial support available from MBIE.
Official Government website for business, bringing together information relating to COVID-19, how it may affect your business and how you can stay up to date as new information comes to hand.
We’ll be reviewing our in-person events in line with the changing alert levels and if necessary, bringing these to you online where possible.
BNZ Technology & Innovation Series - 11 Nov
Platinum Partner BNZ are hosting us for the second of the BNZ Technology and Innovation Series.
At this event you will meet Hutt Valley business owners, Kristy Grant, CEO, Lane Street Studios Based in Upper Hutt, Derelee Potoz- Smith CEO of Woolchemy, Based in Upper Hutt and Colin Daly, CEO, Niche Modular Construction. Book your seat today.
Lunch with Judith Collins, 25 Nov
Welcome to the Political Series brought to you in partnership with Platinum Partner, Gibson Sheat Lawyers. Join us for lunch and hear the National Party’s plans for New Zealand’s future. Meet the Hon Judith Collins, Leader of the Opposition, network with other local business people and take the opportunity for Q&A.
How To Prepare Your Business For Sale - 16 Nov
Dave Morgan GM, LINK Business Broking will be talking to you about what it means to be ‘Sale Ready’ and the importance of being able to engage with a potential purchaser should they come knocking on your door.
Free NZQA Qualifications
Take a look at the Free Qualifications you can achieve today by enrolling with us in the various Level 3 and 4 courses available through the Chamber and our Platinum Partner the Open Polytechnic.
We always appreciate hearing from our Chamber members
“Congratulations to you and your Team for the enhancement of the web site to respond to the extraordinary times confronting home and business. Indeed more than that. To our communities. I was just a child when the great depression arrived. Too young then to know how it would affect and did affect my family. Some of our members today may never recover.
As a member from the Grand Stand, so to speak, I hope the voice of the Chamber will now be to urge Government to allow business to get on with the job. Life is a risk that has to be taken some times. A fact is those at the top of the decision tree all have jobs. Seriously well paid by the Tax Payers. It is now time for the risk takers in business to be allowed to do what they do best. To get back to work to generate wealth for the economy.
Best wishes. Stay Healthy and Safe.