Join The Most Active Chamber In The Region
THE VOICE OF THE BUSINESS COMMUNITY
As a Chamber, we are working very closely with all local and central government agencies to provide you with as much useful and practical support and information as possible.
Your Hutt Valley Chamber of Commerce is part of the Business Response Team established locally and nationally in response to COVID-19. Our role is to ensure your voice and needs are being met as we work together through the impacts of COVID-19.
Wellington is at COVID-19 Protection Framework level: RED
Last updated: 25/01/22 at 4:01PM
- PREPARING FOR OMICRON – How to protect your workplace, workers and community
- TRAVEL AT ORANGE – You can travel anywhere in New Zealand for any reason at Orange
- COVID-19 LEAVE SUPPORT SCHEME – For businesses with staff requiring self-isolation
- SHORT-TERM ABSENCE PAYMENT – For businesses with staff awaiting test results
- FINANCIAL SUPPORT TOOL – See what help you can get for your business
- CONTACTS EXPLAINED – Close plus, close, casual plus and casual contacts
- HUTT VALLEY COVID-19 TESTING CENTRES – Testing centres by suburb
- COVID-19 VACCINATIONS – Information on vaccinations
Watch our webinar with Ginny Anderson, MP for Hutt South, answering questions about the COVID-19 Protection Framework “Traffic Light System”.
Additional Business Support & Updates
- REMUTAKA HILL NIGHT CLOSURES from September 2021, for 10 months
- ACCREDITATION AND SINGLE WORK VISA – from 1 November 2021 employers must be accredited to hire migrants
- FLEXI-WAGE SUBSIDY for employers hiring people meeting certain criteria (an average of $7,500 per employee is available)
- APPRENTICESHIP FUNDING including Apprenticeship Boost, Mana in Mahi and Group Training Schemes
- SMALL BUSINESS LOAN SCHEME extended to 31 December 2023
- Small business loan scheme ELIGIBILITY TOOL
- New rules from 1 July on HOW ASSETS ARE VALUED
- Bill passed to DOUBLE SICK LEAVE TO 10 DAYS from mid July
- BUSINESS DEBT HIBERNATION
- Self-employment START-UP PAYMENT
- DISCOUNTED TAX RATES for your first year in business
- R&D FUNDING SUPPORT FOR BUSINESS
- New MATARIKI HOLIDAY FROM 24 JUNE 2022
- How to APPLY FOR A COVID-19 VACCINATION if you need to travel
- TRAVEL EXEMPTIONS ACROSS ALERT LEVEL BOUNDARIES
- CRITERIA TO TRAVEL TO NEW ZEALAND
- Information on travelling to New Zealand WITH A VISA
- MANAGED ISOLATION AVAILABILITY
- Everything you need to know about MIQ
- REGIONAL TRAVEL at the different alert levels
- TRAVEL ALERTS for New Zealanders
We are regularly talking with our partners and scheduling livestream broadcasts to help business navigate their way through the implications of the different alert levels.
As we conduct these updates, we’ll add them to our website. Take a look at past livestream broadcasts here.
Get the Hutt Valley Business Weekly from the Hutt Valley Chamber of Commerce
Keep up to date with all the latest Hutt Valley Business News and Covid 19 Business Updates and Subscribe Today
We encourage you to visit this site regularly and join the Facebook group. Share tips, collaborate, connect, stay up to date and get assistance.
The Current NZ Situation
Official Government Sources of Information for Business
The Hutt Valley Chamber Of Commerce are working on bringing you a full programme of in person and virtual events and training opportunities. Keep an eye on our Hutt Valley Business Weekly for any future events. Click here to Subscribe
We always appreciate hearing from our Chamber members
“Congratulations to you and your Team for the enhancement of the web site to respond to the extraordinary times confronting home and business. Indeed more than that. To our communities. I was just a child when the great depression arrived. Too young then to know how it would affect and did affect my family. Some of our members today may never recover.
As a member from the Grand Stand, so to speak, I hope the voice of the Chamber will now be to urge Government to allow business to get on with the job. Life is a risk that has to be taken some times. A fact is those at the top of the decision tree all have jobs. Seriously well paid by the Tax Payers. It is now time for the risk takers in business to be allowed to do what they do best. To get back to work to generate wealth for the economy.
Best wishes. Stay Healthy and Safe.