Join the most active Chamber in the region
THE VOICE OF THE BUSINESS COMMUNITY
As a Chamber, we are working very closely with all local and central government agencies to provide you with as much useful and practical support and information as possible.
Your Hutt Valley Chamber of Commerce is part of the Business Response Team established locally and nationally in response to COVID-19. Our role is to ensure your voice and needs are being met as we work together through the impacts of COVID-19.
Events Coming Soon – Book Now
Digital Workshop, 4 August
Gain a good foundation in how to get the most out of your website. Learn about SEO, links, writing content that works, and a lot more. There is no charge to attend this event.
Business Support & Updates
- PAID PARENTAL LEAVE INCREASE from 1 July
- New rules from 1 July on HOW ASSETS ARE VALUED
- Bill passed to DOUBLE SICK LEAVE TO 10 DAYS from mid July
- FLEXI-WAGE SUBSIDY for employers hiring people meeting certain criteria (an average of $7,500 per employee is available)
- APPRENTICESHIP FUNDING including Apprenticeship Boost, Mana in Mahi and Group Training Schemes
- ACCREDITATION AND SINGLE WORK VISA from on 1 November 2021. Employers must be accredited to hire migrants
- SMALL BUSINESS LOAN SCHEME extended to 31 December 2023
- Small business loan scheme ELIGIBILITY TOOL
- BUSINESS DEBT HIBERNATION
- Self-employment START-UP PAYMENT
- DISCOUNTED TAX RATES for your first year in business
- R&D FUNDING SUPPORT FOR BUSINESS
- New MATARIKI HOLIDAY FROM 24 JUNE 2022
- COVID-19 LEAVE SUPPORT SCHEME for employers with staff requiring self-isolation
- CONTACTS EXPLAINED: Close plus, close, casual plus and casual contacts
- HUTT VALLEY COVID-19 TESTING CENTRES by suburb
- Information on COVID-19 VACCINATIONS
- GUIDANCE FOR BUSINESSES who are locations of interest
- Overview of FINANCIAL SUPPORT available to business
- VACCINATIONS IN THE WORKPLACE – a guide for business
- How to APPLY FOR A COVID-19 VACCINATION if you need to travel
- TRAVEL EXEMPTIONS ACROSS ALERT LEVEL BOUNDARIES
- CRITERIA TO TRAVEL TO NEW ZEALAND
- Information on travelling to New Zealand WITH A VISA
- MANAGED ISOLATION AVAILABILITY
- Everything you need to know about MIQ
- REGIONAL TRAVEL at the different alert levels
- TRAVEL ALERTS for New Zealanders
Latest Information from Ministry of Health
The NZ Covid Tracer app creates a digital diary of the places you visit
- Useful posters for your workplace available here including good hygiene, physical distancing, seating, maximum numbers of people etc.
The Current New Zealand Situation
Extensive reference site where you can see the current number of cases, latest media releases, current travel restrictions, isolation procedures and many other resources.
Local Level Support for Hutt Valley Businesses
Upper Hutt City Council, Hutt City Council and the Hutt Valley Chamber of Commerce have formed the Hutt Valley Business Response Team. Together, we’ve built a Hutt Valley specific website and Facebook group containing business support resources, information, advice and a means to stay connected and respond to your questions.
We encourage you to visit this site regularly and join the Facebook group. Share tips, collaborate, connect, stay up to date and get assistance.
Official Government Sources of Information for Business
Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment
The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is the Government’s primary business-facing agency. See current financial support available from MBIE.
Official Government website for business, bringing together information relating to COVID-19, how it may affect your business and how you can stay up to date as new information comes to hand.
We always appreciate hearing from our Chamber members
Congratulations to you and your Team for the enhancement of the web site to respond to the extraordinary times confronting home and business. Indeed more than that. To our communities. I was just a child when the great depression arrived. Too young then to know how it would affect and did affect my family. Some of our members today may never recover.
As a member from the Grand Stand, so to speak, I hope the voice of the Chamber will now be to urge Government to allow business to get on with the job. Life is a risk that has to be taken some times. A fact is those at the top of the decision tree all have jobs. Seriously well paid by the Tax Payers. It is now time for the risk takers in business to be allowed to do what they do best. To get back to work to generate wealth for the economy.
Best wishes. Stay Healthy and Safe.